Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Self Talk

I have been doing a lot of that lately. My son's eventually ex-wife is talking about moving our grandson and herself in with her boyfriend of 3 months and his 5 roomates who live 4 hours away. This is making me sick to my stomach. They spent Thanksgiving there. I want to jump in, hire an attorney and FIX this mess.

I don't feel like my grandson will be in any physical danger and I am sure that I will continue to have some contact with him. I just don't like the idea of my grandson being raised in an environment like that.

If there was a divorce then some things could be spelled out in a court order but neither of them can afford a divorce and it is very difficult in my state to file for one independently. I have thought about paying for it but I know my son is going to contest it unless there are certain things in the order and I can't afford to pay for each of them to have an attorney and as I keep telling my self, "It is really not my business to take care of". "Really, it is not my business to take care of". But....

ERRRRRGH!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I would be very upset about your little guy moving 4 hours away! Can she legally do that? I guess so if there are no court precedings to stop her. I hope she changes her mind, for your sake but mostly for his. He needs you in his life. The love of a grandmother is so special, and so is being near his dad. Darn it, I hope this doesn't happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barbara. Yeah, I guess she can do what she wants. I know that if a judge was involved, at least in my state, they would not approve of the situation. Therein lies the problem. She is very young and very used to getting her way. I'm just holding my grandson up to God and trusting the best thing for him will happen. I hope it doesn't happen either. I'm spoiled because I see my little guy at least once a week and you are right...his dad needs to be able to see him.

    ReplyDelete