Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just For Today

Son -"I might as well check myself into a rehab"
Me - "You need to make some phone calls then"
Son - "It is only because I have no where to live"
Me - "So drugs have nothing to do with having no where to live?"
Son - "No"
Me - "Okay"
Son - "Hummmph"
Me - "I'll drive you to whichever one will take you"
Son - "Why can't I stay with you until I get a job and get back on my feet"
Me - "Because I love you and I know that this has never worked in the past"
Son-........................
Me- "Let me know what you find out"

At first I thought he had come to a realization that drugs were causing problems. Right now it is not the drugs, it is the employer who doesn't understand and is not tolerant when you are late coming to work or the landlord that won't let you live there for free or the guys that I am staying with that take the rent money I have paid them and partied with it. Nope, drugs have nothing to do with his current situation.

Just for today I will hold my ground. Tomorrow hopefully it will be easier to do than today.

Praying for peace for our kids and for us.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully he opens the door. Enlightenment may come in rehab. You never know when and where someone has a profound experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying too. Ron is right, you never know when or where, but being in rehab is always a good start (jail seems to work well too). You did the right thing, I hope I can do it if and when I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. I don't think he is at the point that he is ready to open the door. He still does not see that he has a problem with drugs. He thinks if he finds another job soon everything will be okay. He is limited where he can work because he has no transportation and public transportation where he lives is limited. I am feeling pretty good right now. I am taking care of me as best I can.

    The continued support of my blogging friends helps to keep me rooted. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete