Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some days are harder than others and this has been one of those days

Today was a really busy one for me otherwise I would have probably spent it doing what I am doing now. Crying.........I tell my daughter that all crying does is give you a stuffy nose! Lol

This morning started with my son trying to spend the day at my house because he has no place else to be. I am on my way out of town for work at the time and was trying to get things at the house situated before leaving. I told him he could not stay at my house but that I would take him to McDonald's or the library to sit. "This is fucked up!" My response was, "I agree, and you are the one who fucked it up!"

He tried a lot of his usual tactics. I told him that those tactics used to work but they don't anymore. He became more and more agitated, made veiled suicide threats, whined because some other man is going to be the dad to his son, blamed, whined some more, then demanded that I take him to rehab! I told him he had the numbers if he could get into one I'd make sure he had a ride. Of course he didn't rush to do that.

I gave him a ride into town and planned to take him to the library to sit until he could figure something else out. He demanded I stop in the middle of the rode and let him out so I did. I went on about my business, got home late from work now that I have slowed down I'm having a hard time.

Tomorrow will be better. I think I am going to say my prayers and go to bed. Tomorrow is another busy day at work. I have to spend the night out of town. That might be a nice break.

I'll say a prayer for your's while I am praying for mine.

May we all find the peace we all deserve.

2 comments:

  1. Terri,

    I know this is killing you but there is nothing else you can do. There is nothing I know to say tomake you feel better other than we have been down this path before and we are all here when you need us. You may feel like you are walking alone but we are all beside you.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri, I feel ya, sista! I totally can see myself in that exact same situation with my son using the exact same tactics - and I can only hope and pray that I am able to do the right thing as you were. You did the right and loving thing for him. Of course, knowing that doesn't ease the pain. I hope the overnight business trip turns out to be enjoyable and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete