Monday, November 21, 2011

Thank You God!

Those were the first words out of my mouth when I spoke to my husband on the phone earlier this morning.

After my husband made a phone call to a friend of his family who happens to be on the board of the facility my son was released from last week and after that friend made a phone call or two, we were contacted by the director and the assistant director of the facility this morning to say that we could bring our son back today! Did I mention that the friend of the the family is also a state senator and that we went to school with his younger brother? Some days having grown up in a small, rural area has its perks.

We are not the type of family that would ordinarily call for any kind favor but our son's life is literally at stake here. All pride gets put away in these situations. After they released him on Thursday and we could not even get a call back from the director we started playing the "Who do you know?" game. It was worth a shot and this time it worked!

We are on call as to when to bring him in. I am glad that I decided to work from home today!

Prayers for us all today.

3 comments:

  1. This is great news! And I can't think of a better reason to call in a favor. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad that you are finding peace, feel free to give us a call if you need help or just some advice. Hope that you find the serenity that is yours.

    ReplyDelete