Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back to square one!

Someone figured out that he lives outside of the "catchment area" after promising that he could stay there for 90 days. He had to leave today. Dad brought him to our house after we checked out a couple of places within our "catchment area". He can get into one of those within the next 14 days. He is already driving me crazy. He is pacing from the backroom to the living area. Looking mean at us. We told him while he is here no phone, no computer, no company and if we aren't here he has to be with one of us. Over kill? Probably. He can't get into either of the other places if he has used. Ya'll know the story. I am worried that he is going to feel the need to get out if he doesn't have a plan soon.

Hanging in there! Praying for peace for all of us.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. I was never able to keep my son from using when he wanted to use, no matter how close I watched.

    Jail or rehab was the only place I could be reasonably sure he was safe from himself.

    I hope they take him quickly. Beg, plead and cry if you have too. If it helps, that is really the only thing you can do that would resemble effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try Phoenix House in Rhode Island. It is long term and a couple years ago we could have gotten a self pay bed in a few days. Their prices were 5000 for one month but then it would go down to in state rates of about 3000 per month. I think they even have sliding fees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I can't stop him from using if he decides to and it isn't realistic to think we can keep him with one of us 24/7. We both have jobs. You would think that there would be a better way to get treatment than the way we have it set up here in the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a health care crisis in America and half the people in the country do not believe addiction is a health issue.

    Got a suggestion?

    ReplyDelete