Monday, November 21, 2011

He's there, again!

Well, we dropped him....again. This time his dad and both took him. We were able to take him to the front entrance instead of the crisis entrance. His counselor was there to greet us. He shook my hand and said he was glad that we were able to get him back there. I told him it took a song and a dance but we managed to get it done.

My son gave me the biggest hug he has given me in months before we left. This past weekend he wouldn't let me touch him and seemed like he would rather not be near me at all. He seemed relieved to be there. I am relieved that he is there.

I am hoping for a good night of sleep tonight. This weekend was painful for us all. He could have walked out at any time and gotten high but he chose not to. I am cautiously hopeful that this is it.

Ironically, the other two rehabs called after we dropped him off. Could it be a sign?

Praying for us all tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Ron,
    I agree! Cautiously optimistic! Glad for this first step. Praying for 11 more! Really hoping for a full night of sleep. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I , too, pray for a great nights sleep for you.
    I pray for more steps forward.
    I pray for all of us as do you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news for you guys. I hope to goodness he is ready and this time is THE time. My good wishes are going your way. I've read of your ins and outs with your boy and they sound so freaking familiar. Are all addicts the same? Seriously. Is there a class somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie,
    Thank you for your comment. I have been reading your blog and your last post ended my pity party about my son not being with us for the holidays this year. I am so sorry for your loss.

    I have learned from reading the blogs of other parents that my son is not unique in his addiction and my reaction to his addiction is not unique.

    It is sad but they all seem very similar. We need to make a change to that lesson plan if there are classes being taught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those kind of hugs are wonderful, aren't they? Keven is not naturally affectionate and sometimes hates to be touched, but every now and then I get a really good hug.

    Hope you got (and continue to get) a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete