Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good News!

When I wrote last night I was not sure how we were going to pay for the treatment program for my son. He is in a state funded not for profit facility but we live outside the catchment area (10 miles). Their policy is to save the sliding scale fee beds for the folks within the catchment area. The only way they allow someone else to have one of those beds is if they get a referral from law enforcement, the court or another care provider, or in our case an angel.

I called this morning to find out about his progress and his counselor told me that they were moving him today and that he was being admitted to their 90 day program. The nurse that admitted him on Saturday wrote a referral stating that in her opinion he needs to stay there and that he should be admitted and charged based on his ability to pay, which right now is nada. She will always be considered an angel in my mind. I need to send her a card (mental note, send Nurse Toni a card) to thank her for taking the time to care about my kid.

We would have found a way to come up with the money as I am sure you all have. It was a fairly nominal amount for a 30 day program but still a nice chunk of change. But to hear this morning that he can stay for 90 days, what a wonderful gift his is being offered. I pray that he takes his time unwrapping it so that he can savor and appreciate every bit of it.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Continue to pray for mine as I continue to pray for yours.

2 comments:

  1. And thank God he wants to stay! My son isn't there yet. I've been doing this for 11 months- I don't know how I will make 5 or more years!!

    ReplyDelete