Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Here I am Banging my Head Against the Wall

My son called his eventually to be ex-wife tonight about having visits with his son at the rehab. I told him not to do that earlier in the day because it is too early to start that conversation. ARRRRRRRGH!
She is not comfortable with him going to the rehab to visit, she wants to visit the place first. He can't go 90 days without seeing his son, blah, blah,blah, blah,blah! Dammit! I told him if he left he is on his own because we won't let him come back here, we won't take calls from him. He received a gift today and if he really wants to be part of his son's life he needs to take advantage of what he has been given. I told that he has to prove he is dedicated to recovery before she is going to feel comfortable having the baby visit there and that right now all he is to her is a junkie in rehab. He claimed I called him a junkie in rehab and told me he needed to hang up. WELL.....he is a junkie in rehab. ARRRRRRGH! Dammit.....................How do you go from hot to cold so quickly???? I think it might be a good idea if I don't talk to him for a few days and that anything about his wife or baby he needs to discuss with his counselor.

Hey Ron! It is not my job to figure this shit out....Right!

AAAARRRRGH! Dammit!

5 comments:

  1. Barbara has not been kicked in the past few days....I need my reading glasses on.....dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, Ron only kicks people he cares about. But, he doesn't need to say a word because you answered it for yourself: step back for a few days, let him deal with it. It takes practice and a conscious effort to not let all this get to you, but you owe it to yourself and to him. He will learn to deal with things without having to involve you and everyone will feel better that way.

    good luck, I know it sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Terri you know what you need to do, so does Barbara. I only "kick" when people know what to do but don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woke up with a headache from banging my head but not sore from being kicked! I do know what needs to happen and I get mad at myself when I don't follow my own advice. I try to make my situation different because there is a baby involved, that may make it more difficult but not different at all.
    Thanks for caring!

    ReplyDelete