Saturday, November 12, 2011

He's There!

Probably the first time he has every spent the night city he is in. They have him on some meds to make the withdrawl less painful. I have watched him withdraw without meds so many times over the last 5 years. I am glad I don't have to watch this one. His dad talked to him tonight, I opted out and just sent my love via Dad.

I am so tired. I just want to sleep and sleep.

I am hopeful but not clueless. I know that this might not be the time it happens but I am praying that it is.

He is safe tonight and that gives me a sense of peace.

Praying for yours and mine tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is as productive as today.

Peace filled wishes for us all.

6 comments:

  1. He is there and it is his time to work on himself.

    Do you have a plan and know what to do when he is out? Work with the rehab and talk to the counselors about your role. You don't want him to come out and you are doing the same thing you have always done. Clean living environments, encourage your son. They worked well for our son until WE went back to our old selves and let him come home.

    Holding out hope for your son, you and husband, and all of your sons loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, Thanks! He gave us the times we can call and visit when he called yesterday. We checked on him last night but have decided not to call or visit today. I have been thinking about what our next step should be. I really don't want him back in our home so he needs to be working on a plan. We will communicate with the rehab that he is in about how that should be handled.

    I think you repeated this to me one time, "Nothing changes if nothing changes". That is where my husband I are at. We are ready for some changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog - and I'm glad he got in the car. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri,

    Anything new? I hope this is "it" for your son too (and mine). Someday "it" will come, won't it? It has for lots of others, but not for all.

    We'll just keep praying and taking care of ourselves in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babara,
    He is still there and that is a good thing. We have only had a couple of short conversations with him. I tend to get emotional so short is best for me right now. We are going to see him tonight and take some more clothes for him. I hope to see a little bit of light in his eyes. I'll keep you updated.Praying for "it" to happen for both our boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have Myelin? Thanks for your comment. I am very happy he got in the car!

    ReplyDelete