Thursday, December 1, 2011

Phone Calls

The last few phone calls with my son have been more positive than the first couple. When he was first admitted to this rehab he would call and really not say much unless asked a specific question. We can only talk for 10 minutes at a time and the first phone calls lasted much less than that.

This week he is giving more information about what he does each day and seems interested to hear what is going on at home. He and his dad have had some good conversations about their relationship. Which if I described it as tumultuous I would be generous. I have heard some acceptance of apologies and I have heard my husband do some apologizing. I know they have a long way to go. The gift of forgiveness is not something they have learned....yet.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are improving! It does take a while for forgiveness to take place, but hey, they've started the process and that's the hardest part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I am thankful for that! Thanks Barbara! Hope you are well tonight.

    ReplyDelete