Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mirrors

No, not the kind that probably came immediately to your mind. As you all know my son was here for Christmas and that I returned him safely to rehab on Christmas evening. He didn't get expensive gifts. I decided that I wasn't going to replace things he pawned for drugs. The next go around he will have to figure a way to buy those for himself. He did get some new jeans and a couple of shirts. He looked really good when I took him back. Like a "regular" guy (whatever that means). His dad and I both commented on that fact and he seemed pleased.

It has been so long since he really cared about his appearance I was thrilled to see him clean, shaved (mostly) with a recent hair cut. I went into the room he slept in while he was here yesterday to make sure that there were no dirty dishes or clothes left behind, there weren't! I noticed that he had pulled a full length mirror out of the closet. Apparently he checked out himself out before we left! Am I the only one who thinks this is significant? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Me Too! It is definitely significant that he is concerned about his appearance. So glad to hear your son is doing well and that he was able to spend the holidays with you.

    ReplyDelete