Monday, December 26, 2011

No Expectations

I returned my son to rehab yesterday at 6 p.m.. We had a great holiday weekend! There were only a couple of tense moments. One when my son disappeared outside to our storage shed for a longer time than I thought was appropriate. I walked out and checked on him and he was looking through some old poetry and songs he had written. I just asked if he was okay and left him alone. The second was when his dad saw him on the computer on Facebook. This usually indicated that he was looking for drugs in the past. His dad stayed awake most of the night listening for front door to open and close.

Other than that it was a perfect weekend. My grandson was here  and he an his dad had a great time. My older son, daughter-in-law and daughter all greeted their brother with hugs and I Love You's and I am so happy you are here with us.

My son called last night after his drug test and said, "Mom! I passed a drug test without cheating!". The picture above is of my clear eyed son. I love him so much and I pray everyday that he will continue on the path of sobriety.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Look at that handsome smiling face! It gives me warm fuzzies. I'm so glad you had such a good visit. It will probably take a long time for those kind of tense moments to be completely gone, I think we are programmed to react certain ways. I'm glad it was all innocent "normal" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome boy...so happy for your wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. It was a very good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking guy,....& looks happy too. SO glad youve had this wonderful time with him. : )

    ReplyDelete