Monday, December 12, 2011

30 Days

We were able to take my grandson to visit his dad again this weekend. It is a joy to see them together and to know that my son is really in the moment with him. They seem to shine when they are together.

My son called later that evening and he chatted with me a bit then I gave the phone to his dad. He seems to tell his dad more about his recovery than he does me but that is okay. He told his dad that he will have 30 days sober today! No cigarettes, no dope, no weed, no alcohol! I hadn't been counting the days. My husband said that he sounded really excited that he has been sober for that many days in a row.

When I spoke to him last night he told me that he called his wife to thank her for a picture of him and the baby that she gave me to take to him. He said that they were able to have a nice conversation. I am proud of him for reaching out to her. He wouldn't have had the confidence to do that sober 31 days ago.

He looks great and sounds positive. I pray everyday that he will continue to have the strength and courage to continue along this path for another day.

Praying for us all today.

3 comments:

  1. Great news. 30 days is great start and it sounds like he's very motivated to keep moving forward. Glad he got to see his son, that probably helps his recovery too. Wow, he even quit smoking???? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great start! My son started smoking after 45 days of being in jail. That was pretty much the first thing he wanted. I hope he can stop that one day. It has to be great for your son to be able to see his son sober. Congratualtions to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 days is a milestone. Congrats to you and your boy!

    ReplyDelete