Wednesday, December 14, 2011

License Plates

I have about a 45 minute to an hour commute to work each morning. I spend some of that time contemplating why the traffic stopped so suddenly or planning what I need to get done at work.  Most of the time I am trying to determine the best way to continue to let go of things I have no control over. When my mind is not on those things I look at the personalized license plates and try to figure out what they mean.

I was multi tasking on the way to work on Monday. I was thinking about my son, his wife, his son and worrying about how they are going to manage through his treatment and their impending divorce. How I am going to deal with it if my daughter-in-law moves away with my grandson? What that will mean for my son and for me? I got frustrated with that and began looking at license plates. The first one I saw said "B LIEVE". It took me a minute to figure out what that was supposed to be. The next one I saw said "HE CAN". I just looked up at the cloudy sky and said, "Okay, God. I get it!". And once again turned it all over to him.

Just something I wanted to share with you. Look around and pay attention. You will find the comfort that you need.

Praying for yours and for mine!

1 comment:

  1. This is the second faith building story I have heard in the past 12 hours. Proof to me that God is alive and well and has us and our kids in His hands. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete