Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Of Course He Did That!

My son has always had a way of sabotaging his success, no matter what he is doing. He told me on January 7th that he had 10 days left at rehab and that they were letting him go early. I didn't question that (dumb head me). He mentioned it a couple of more times and I told him every time that if the counselors were okay with it and he completed the program then that was great. The whole thing just seemed sketchy to me.

So ironically, last night, exactly 10 days later, he called to tell his dad he had been discharged and we needed to come and get him. I hadn't even made it home from work when he called. We didn't go get him but my husband made plans to go today.

Well, my son called this morning at 7:30, before my caffeine had kicked in fully, and told his dad he didn't need a ride after all because he was leaving with some "friends". My husband talked to the counselor and the truth is he is being kicked out for fraternizing with a female resident. His plan is to go with these "friends" that he met at rehab, one of whom is the female, and go look at chem free living facilities today. I hope that is exactly what they do and that all 3 of them can find a place.

I am really not freaking out about this. I just have a heavy sense of dread. I'm working on getting rid of that and trying to let go and to remember to breathe in and breathe out. He will do what he will do and just like in the past I can't control any of it.

Praying for us all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment