Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't know where he is

He was kicked out of rehab on Tuesday. Hooked up with a woman he met there on Wednesday and they were just gonna go hang out, maybe get a hotel room, play some music. Of course this would all happen after they went to check out some chem free living facilities.

I let him know I was concerned for him but that I had to trust him to work his own recovery plan.

While I have a looming sense of dread for what is next, I still managed to sleep pretty well last  night. A year ago if this had happened I would have been up all night waiting for the phone to ring. I guess I have made some progress in my own recovery.

Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting some sleep, definitely a sign of growth. Hearing this makes me sad because its so typical of all our addicts...sabatoging their own success, making it just "so far" and then somehow finding themselves back at square one (or worse).

    Also - I can't find your email address to add to my blog, can you email me at barbaralegere@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete