Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It is what it is....whatever it is.

My son called Sunday about money. I refused to help with that. He called again on Monday just to "check in" because it had been a couple of days since he had talked to me. WHAT?! I didn't even try to point out that we had just had a conversation the previous day. He said for me not to worry about him because he isn't f@#$%@#$ up. He is with people who are working a program and staying sober. He said he has had the opportunity to get drunk and use drugs but hasn't. He also denied getting kicked out of rehab. He said it was his choice to leave. It could boggle my mind if I let it.

I told him that I will always worry about him because that is what mom's do but my concern is not so much about him but about me this time. I told him that I am happy that he is comfortable with where he is at and that I hope it all works out for him. I just don't want to go through it all again and I don't plan to.

So for today I am resolved to take of myself, accept him where he is and accept that it is what it is in whatever shape that might take.

Praying for us all.

6 comments:

  1. "I am happy that you are comfortable with where you are at." Great line! I am going to borrow that as needed if you don't mind. Your strength is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets much better when we begin deciding where we will go and where we do not have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! When I decided to go my own way, things really improved in my life. We only have one life to live. I know that this is a cliche, but it is so true. I am also glad to blogger is acting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri - You sound strong and centered.
    I'll bet that rattles him -- that he cannot count on or control your behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what Ron said. I hear you when you say it could boggle your mind if you let it, been there, so messed up.

    I too am praying for all of us.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD FOR YOU! I love what you said to him. Great comments too :)

    ReplyDelete