Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's all about the Benjamin's

That was the title to a movie that I never saw but it seemed a fitting title for this post. My son left a voice mail on my phone Friday. I am glad that I forgot my phone at home because I was very busy that day and didn't have time or patience to talk to him.

Guess what he called for! You got it! MONEY! His grandmother bought him a jacket for Christmas that is well........ugly. She left the receipt and told him that he could return it to get something else if he wants to. He called to ask if I had taken it back yet and that he really could use the money to buy food and "stuff". He would get $50 back. His words were slurred and he completely drifted off toward the end. There was no, "love you Mom" or "thank you" or "sorry I didn't call before now to let you know that I am safe".

I didn't return his call and I don't plan to. I am not going to hand him money. I don't even want him at my house to pick up the jacket. If he wants it I'll leave it with security at my office tomorrow and let him come by to get it. I really don't want to see him right now. This is about protecting me, not punishing him. I figure that he is doing a good enough job of that himself.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and words of support. I agree with Ron by saying I don't think I would be nearly as healthy as I am right now without all of you.

Praying for yours and for mine today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Terri, I am so sorry, but you sound really good. As good as any mom can be in this situation. I love how you worded the above...its not about punishing him, but protecting myself. I am going to fall back on that in my own journey. I am praying for you and your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri - I'm sorry too! I'm praying for you both.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, good for you, girl!!!! You have a very healthy attitude. I hope that your son figures things out, but if not, you are taking care of yourself rather than getting totally sucked into it. I'll keep on hoping and praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete