Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blogger

I can't respond to anything that you guys have sent me in the last day or so. Blogger is acting strange. But I just want to say thank  you for your support. Last night was the third night since my son left rehab that he has had no contact with us. I really do feel at peace with that right now. I really believe, and I told this to Barbara in an e-mail, that if I hadn't been reading blogs for the past several months that this would have absolutely blown  me out of the water. Bris, accurately pointed out that I saw the writing on the wall.

While I was optimistically hopeful that this rehab was "IT" and I was happy that he was there and safe, I just had a gut feeling that he wasn't working the program. He has always been a good player and I think he played the program until something better came along. This time it was a girl with a car and some money who he met in rehab.

I haven't lost a lot of sleep over it. I am trying to not let my mind wander and obsess over him. I have spent way too many years doing that.

Have peace filled Saturday everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we change through the process of all of this? Good for you. Your son will figure out his own path, just as you are figuring your out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy the blogs have helped you. I am not exagerating when I say they saved my life, writing and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for the loss of you Doxie.I had one growing up named Max, I still dream about him. It can be so hard losing a pet. I am a little late with this but I have been trying to catch up on some of my favorite blogs. I am also sorry to have read that your son is missing in action. I to would have been in mini nervous breakdown mode a year or so ago. Now I am just sad and you know what that is sad in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to hear about your son. I will be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds my totally of what I had experienced with my daughter one time in rehab. She made me believe how much she worked the program and looked down on some who left early only to go right back where she started from. It is heartbreaking. So much hope down the drain. I did not have the support of a blogging community at the time and was left to struggle on my own. I am so glad that we are able to help you through this. Much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry he made this choice and will keep praying for his recovery & your peace. I'm impressed with your strength & progress in your own recovery.

    ReplyDelete