Thursday, January 26, 2012

Drugs cause a lack of creativity

My son called a bit ago and used a very old reason for me to give him money.....the woman he is with right now had a "female emergency". He used that one a few times with my grandson's mom. When I heard it tonight I thought "Really?"! He said they spent all their money on "female emergency" supplies and had no money for food and asked if I would call a pizza place and have a pizza delivered to them. My response was NO!

In the past I would have felt sorry for the girl and run right out and made sure she had what she needs and made sure they had food. I do feel sorry for the girl but she is going to have to figure this out for herself. I suggested that they call her family for help.

I can see what is going to have to happen. I am going to have to tell him not to call until he is ready for sobriety. I am so tired but very determined not to fall into my old patterns. He may be repeating history but I don't have to.

Praying for peace for us all!

6 comments:

  1. Perfect way to put it,,..regarding the repetition of history,.... & geesh,...female emergency ? Hang in there. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Terri, stay strong. You're doing all the right things and it will get easier with practice (I'm saying this to myself not just you!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They forget what they said and to whom. They repeat a lot especially if something works once then they will try it again. My daughter says things to me that have never ever worked. Sometimes I think that she does that as there is someone else there expecting her to try and get some money out of me. This way she looks like she tried but she knows that it will not work.

    Do something nice and comforting for yourself. You have been through a lot and have a lot more to endure. Give yourself a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri you are inspiring to me. I think I said that a couple posts ago too. You really are though. You are so strong and making such great choices for yourself. Way to go mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, awesome reaction. Only because they think we are dumb, does not mean we have to validate them. They can always get a meal at the Salvation Army if they are sober. If they are not, I guess they need to go hungry. Keep up the good work on yourself. You don't have to be a tool of his trade. We do have a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! Anna, I called in sick today and stayed in bed until almost 11:00. I never do that but I must have needed the rest. I picked my beautiful grandson up from daycare and he will spend the weekend with me. I am really not worried about whether he eats or not. He is getting booze and drugs from somewhere, I suppose he can find food if he wants it bad enough. There are several fast food places near the seedy place they are staying. They can dumpster dive if necessary.

    ReplyDelete