Monday, January 16, 2012

A big circle

My husband and I took our much needed weekend. We took our two puppies with us and it was a very good weekend except our 12 year old doxie passed away yesterday. We are very sad but are happy that she is no longer suffering. She had arthritis in her legs and hips. She struggled daily. We felt like her time was getting close that is why we couldn't leaver her behind. We fed her her favorite food and my husband even cooked a steak especially for her the night before she passed.

The morning she died I woke up early and watched the sun coming up over the mountain beyond our cabin. I said a prayer of thanks for the opportunity to witness that sight.

We buried her in a sunny spot because she loved the sunshine. I'll go back and plant some pretty bulbs around her grave soon.

Prayers for yours and for mine.

1 comment: