Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Humble

I think humble is the way that I would describe my son right now. I don't know that I have ever seen him humble. He just seems thankful for where he is and the work he is doing. He doesn't ask for much. Food sometimes, a few dollars for laundry. Last week he asked for money to go to a special event with his sponsor.

He is trying to find a job. I hope he finds one soon because I believe it would make him feel better about himself. I think he is embarrassed to ask us for money. He knows we have been taking care of his son during the past....hell, for most of the child's 2 1/2 years. Anyway, we won't go there.

I hope that this is sincere. I hope that he continues down the path of sobriety.

Thankful that for today my son has chosen life.

3 comments:

  1. Terri,

    Be patient. That is what I had to learn about Alex. None of recovery moves as fast as any one person wants, your or him.

    Jobs are tough. But they are required. Jobs provide a place where they see worth in themselves but they also provide money. Swords cut both ways if you know what I mean.

    Love helps more than anything and yes, at times love is money, so hard and dangerous, or it is other types of assistance. There are no hard fast answers. I know you have a better feel for it than any of us.

    Sounds like you believe in him. That is good. (don't confuse believing in him and believing him)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely believe in him.....believe him, hopefully eventually. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. There is always hope Terri. Glad to hear he continues on a positive path.

    ReplyDelete