Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Good Day

My grandson and I picked his daddy up from his chem free living place this morning at 9:30 and headed west to visit with family there for the day. My parent's home. This is the first time my son has been there since he went on his last binge and was not allowed to come back to live.

My dad met my son and grandson on the front porch and wrapped them both in the biggest hug. It kind of made my heart hurt just a little, but in a good way.

We ate and laughed and played. It was a very good day.

Here is daddy and son on the way home this evening.

4 comments:

  1. This post made my heart hurt a little too, in a good way.

    Bet you are like me, never thought something like a hug could have such a huge impact on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a special day. And how cute is your grandson!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pic! I am hoping and wishing for you and me that things will get better every day. Our kids and grandkids are so loved and cared about.

    ReplyDelete