Thursday, February 7, 2013

Turned the phone off

I know there has been some debate among parents of POAs about whether to continue to pay for the addicted child's cell phone. I have up to this point.

Yesterday I sent my son a text and told him he had until 8 pm to get the important numbers from his phone because I was deactivating it then. I found out that his contract has also expired so I will be permanently taking it off of my account today.

He is completely on his own this time. I know that if he wants to reach us that he will find a way.

I spoke to my mom this morning to let her know 1st that the new grand daughter that is due at the end of March weighs between 4.5 and 5 pounds and that both baby and mom are doing well and 2nd that I turned the phone off.

She is very sad and doing all that "what if" stuff that all of us POAs have done and sometimes still do. I just let her talk and then reminded her that this was HIS decison not ours and that we have no control over the choices another person makes. I told her to give herself time to be sad but eventually she will come to acceptance.

Addiction just sucks!!

3 comments: