Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Mom's Intuition is Seldom Wrong

Yesterday was my 49th birthday. I was sad all day but not because of my age. I just had a feeling my gut feelings were right about my son. I didn't even know how right I was.

I wasn't near my phone and missed a couple of calls from a strange number. One message was from my son that said he didn't know what to say. The other was from a friend of his that told me he was safe with her family but that he would have to leave today.

I looked at his FB page today and read a post from a girl (woman) that put him on the street because she caught him passed out on the floor with a needle in his arm. He stole her dad's pills.

I knew in my gut that this is what was going on. I wish it wasn't true, but here we are.

He is going to make some choices soon. All I can do is wait and pray.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Terri.....I hate addiction. A mothers intuition is almost
    always right. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember to take care of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday, Terri! I am so sorry that you did not have a more joyful day. Please don't let your son's actions and choices dictate your feelings. You can't stop him from living his life the way he wants to... I know how much it hurts, trust me. But you have so many things that bring you joy and just try to concentrate on those! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is so sad. I would think that the woman would have called an ambulance if he was passed out it sounds like he overdosed. I hate this disease so much!

    I'm so sorry that all of this happened around your birthday, I too have had birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving and numerous other special occasions ruined.

    I will be praying for your son that God would intervene soon and that your son would find recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh...my heart aches for you . Take care.

    ReplyDelete