Friday, October 18, 2013

He's out.

He was discharged yesterday with a prescription for Zoloft. I was out of town for work so his dad went to pick him up. My son asked for money for groceries and minutes for his phone. My husband wisely said, "We will go shopping". We are both finally on the same page about giving money. Neither of us are willing to do it.

This made my son angry. Since we have his annuity check my husband decided to take him to pay his rent up for the next 5 months. They both agreed.......until they got close to the bank. My son told his dad that he couldn't be broke. What? They finally agreed that he would pay for the next 2 months. We have that money in our savings account. Along with the money he agreed to pay his son and ex-wife. He had $1000 on him yesterday. I doubt he has $10 on him  today.

I am so tired of this.

2 comments:

  1. We can hope for the best.

    I have been reading and catching up on blogs all morning. I am going to copy and paste something I wrote on Tori's blog and then pasted to Barbara's blog and it actually seems appropriate here too.

    "Secondly, I use to be mainly concerned with everyone's kids. I would think about all these children that were in the grasp of the monster and worry about them. Now just as much as I am concerned about these kids that don't seem to get loose I also think about the lives of all the parents and loved ones. Of course I speak from a different perspective today. Today I know for a fact there is life after addiction, but looking back now that I am out of the forest I can see there was actually a life with addiction too. Our biggest problem while living life with the monster in our home is not trying to survive and thrive. We see the monster and all our waking time we are in battle. We are the ones that choose to fight."

    In addition, I might remind you that homeless may be the path he chooses. I am sorry for that, just stay in contact when you can with love and encouragement. Sometimes words and hope is all you can or should give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh..................... it is so exhausting.

    ReplyDelete