Thursday, October 24, 2013

Another opportunity to say I love you.

My son saw his dad's vehicle in town last night and sent me a text to ask me what he was doing.

He was at a music venue to watch a friend of ours perform. I was pooped out after two days with my grandson so I stayed home.

I told him that his dad told me that he was trying to get back into rehab and I told him that I hoped it worked out for him. I also told him that I know that he has been sick and hurting and that I am sorry but to hang on because the detox should be almost over. I told him I love him and that if I thought there was anything I could do to take it all away and make things different I would.

He said he knew this and that he loves me too.

4 comments:

  1. "Nothing is easy, but I believe in you with all my heart." That is what we said to Alex often. When he finally did get clear and sober he told us that got him through the toughest detox.

    Use every opportunity to tell him how your heart feels. What I found was most of all it made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep loving them, thats all we can do. I'm glad you got to connect with him. Ron is right.....it makes us feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was the hardest part for me, not being able to communicate with my daughter and tell her how much I love her, for long years. I mean, how was she supposed to know? I could not tell her. That made me feel worse than anything. I am glad you are able to tell him....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you were able to tell him you love him Terri. I'm so hoping and praying he gets back into rehab.

    ReplyDelete