Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 3

I assume that my son is still in the psych hospital because I haven't heard from him today. We talked to him last night and it sounds like he is on the dual diagnosis unit. He is on 3 different medications right now. Zoloft, Ambien and another that he doesn't know the name of. He said something for anxiety.

He still sounded despondent when I talked to him. He does not sound hopeful that life can be any better.

I am sort of surprised that they haven't managed to "cure" him yet. What I really mean is that I am surprised that the insurance company is still paying. It is really a pretty restrictive plan.

I am taking this a day at a time. I don't know what will happen tomorrow. He may get out, go to his apartment and start where he left off. He said he still has pills there. He may decide never to use ever again. That will be up to him.

We ended up paying his rent with the understanding that when he get his annuity check he will pay us back. I guess we will see. His check came to our house this week but we haven't told him. He would be extra  eager to get out the hospital if he knew it was there.

This just sucks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm glad that your son is in a safe place. This really does suck going through taking them to rehab buying them clothes, dealing with their emotional pain. My son called me yesterday and said he was going to detox tomorrow. This will be his 8th time he is 31 and I have been on this emotionally draining cycle for the past 6 years. I'm not sure I believe his is going becasue he wanted money to buy cigerettes becasue you can smoke there. He was more worried about that. He dosn't live near me so I sent him $20. He said he would call last night he didn't. He was being picked up at 8:00 this am I wonder if he went or was it a lie to get $. I still love him with all my heart he is my only child. He has a 6 year old daughter, the apple of my eye. She is my saving grace. I told my Dad that he was going in to detox , my Dad "he will never make it, he doesn't want it, blah, blah. I said Dad it's worth a short. He is so critical it makes me sick. And he is a recovering alcoholic. I have been to this blog many times, I have it as a favorite. This is a really tough road as parents that we are on. Peace and hope for us and our addicts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we can do is take it one day at a time, it sure isn't easy though. It can take them a while to figure out which meds work and they also suffer with depression when they are coming off the opiates. I'm hoping and praying that things will turn around for your precious son quickly Terri. I think it is a miracle the insurance company is still paying, thank God.

    ReplyDelete