Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Goodwill Shopping Again!

My son is still in the hospital. He is saying that he doesn't need to be there. Still blaming  us for him being there.

He of course had no clothes except the ones he had on. I suppose there were clothes in his apartment. I doubt they were clean but he wouldn't let me come in and I really didn't want to because I didn't want to see the remains of what he had been doing there.

I went to the Dollar Tree and bought whatever I could get there that he needed and then to Goodwill to get the rest. I think I spent $30 altogether. It always makes me really, really sad to go through the same steps over and over.

A friend at work asked me to lunch and I told her that I had to go pick up a few things for my son and that he was without underwear or socks. She said, "He kind of deserves to be without, doesn't he?" I just looked at her and walked away.

First of all she has no children, second she has never had a family member with an addiction problem.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen next. I have to just be happy today that he is in a safe place.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Terri, Let me preface this with, I am feeling moody today ....I would have felt a tremendous and powerful urge to kick your co-worker right in her big mouth.
    He is safe today and alive.....where there is breath there is still hope. Hang in there mama. We love unconditionally, which is not the same as condoning. You are an example to all of us. No pressure meant in that statement. lol ((HUG))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt the same urge. That is why I walked away. Although he brought himself to this point I don't think running around naked in a hospital gown would teach him anything.

      Delete
  2. I don't like that comment your co-worker made, that was downright mean. I had a co-worker who made some pretty judgmental comments about my son several years ago when I shared a tiny tiny bit about his struggle, she basically told me that her kids never did drugs because they were in sports. Gee, so was my son and also in band, jazz club, etc.

    I would have gotten the clothes for my son as well Terri. It is hard doing the same steps over and over. I'm still holding you and your son up in prayer Terri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  3. Nobody, and I mean nobody, unless they are the POA's can understand any of this. I am kind of glad that they don't because I don't wish this on anybody. Keep your chin up, Terri. You are doing the right thing. I know how hard this is. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bristovol is right - "they" just can't get it. ��

    ReplyDelete