Monday, August 1, 2011

No Title - I am not that creative this morning

I took my grandson to his mother this morning before coming to work. I forgot how much fun it is to get ready for work with a baby on my hip! We had to take a bottle break and watch NickJr about half-way through. He is such a sweet baby that I really did not mind it a bit.

I told her about my son stealing my debit card. Her first response was, "I hope he is not using again". I told her that I thought he was but we didn't go any further with it. We talked about visits with the baby at my home and she is fine with him coming on his dad's regular weekend whether his dad is there or not. She wants him to have a connection to his grandparents and she said that she trusts my judgement as to whether my son should be in the house or not. I am so glad that I took the time to maintain my relationship with her after she made the choice to leave him.

I haven't spoken to my son since we asked him to leave on Sunday. It was just very uncomfortable to have him there after his behavior on Saturday. I really don't think that he understood why anyone should be uncomfortable. He even invited his new female friend to come over, in spite of our direction that she was not to be there when his son was there. It was kind of like an extra jab.

Oh well, today is another day. I manged to get to work without graham cracker crumbs on my shirt and I don't think I have spit up anywhere. If I do that is okay. It will all come out in the wash.

Have a great week! I appreciate all of you that comment and offer your support. It certainly makes me feel less lonely and less crazy in this wicked world of addiction.

Terri

2 comments:

  1. "Wicked" is a good word for it.

    I'm so glad to hear that the mom sees the importance of having you in her son's life. I had no relationship at all with Keven's father, but I stayed close to his parents (they lived very close by) and he got to see what it was like to have a big, fun family in addition to having our small family.

    I hope your son's not using, but it sounds like it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I so appreciate your comment. My grandson's mother has very little contact with her own mom or her siblings. Her dad and step-mom live near us all and they are supportive of her but judgemental. I try to keep any hurtful opinions to myself. The important thing to me is that she takes good care of my grandson and she does. We cook vegan meals together and I am not a vegan but enjoy her enjoying our meals together. Thank you again for affirming.

    Yes, I think he is using. All the evidence points toward that. It makes me sick but I can't make it stop or I would have a long time ago.

    You are in my prayers. I know you are struggling now. It ain't fun a bit.....

    ReplyDelete