Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peaceful

This weekend was different from my weekends in the recent past. I got so much accomplished at my house. After several weeks and weekends of chaos and sickness I finally had some energy to tackle some organizing and cleaning projects that I have wanted to take care of for awhile. One thing that was really bothering me was that the room that my son and his soon to be ex-wife shared while they lived with us needed to be cleared out. They have been living separately since February and he has been out of my house since June. I finally boxed everything up and put it in the storage shed. I don't know why but that gave me such a feeling of closure on that part of our history. The rest of my house is clean and organized as well. Well, except for my daughter's room but I can just shut her door.

Sunday afternoon was spent in the pool on a float just doing nothing. It occurred to me that it has been a long, long time since I have allowed myself that luxury. No where to go, no one to call, nothing that had to be tended to. I truly forgot what that felt like. I have spent so much time and energy on my son and trying to manage his addiction I feel like I have lost part of myself. Just to have those couple of hours floating in the pool helped me to realize that I need to focus that energy on taking better care of myself and doing the things that help me to feel healthy and peace filled and to not feel guilty while doing those things.

May we all have a peace filled day.

2 comments: