Wednesday, August 3, 2011

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News

I typically hear from my son at least once or twice a day by text even when I ask him not to. He hasn't attempted to contact me since Sunday when we asked him to leave after stealing my debit card. I haven't tried to call him. On my way home from work yesterday we caught a glimpse of him in the window of the deli where he works. So, we know he went to work. His sister saw him at a music event last night and said he appeared to be drunk or high and was being obnoxious. When she told me I just said, "That's really sad." He helped book the show and did a lot of grass roots PR to get folks there. I hope he didn't burn bridges with his behavior. Like all of our addicts he has so much potential. It is really very sad.

2 comments:

  1. They really do have so much potential...except they seem to be unable to recognize that these behaviors take them NO where! It is so sad. These behaviors linger too...even when they are clean.

    When my son was an active addict he really could not distinguish between wrong and right. I remember blogging about all the drama he got himself into...and why poor J was always being picked on and these things just happened. It dawned on me (no pun intended) that these things didn't "just happen" he created this whirl wind of drama that swirled around him.

    I think I am going to blog about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should blog about it. It seems everytime my son steps back into our lives, even for a moment the tornado begins. When he is gone the house seems so serene and calm. I look forward to reading what you write.

    ReplyDelete