Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ooopsie!!!

My son accidentally sent a text to his dad offering to trade some acid for some coke. I had to Google the drug slang that he used to find out what he was talking about.

Dad sent a text back suggesting he watch who he is sending his drug deal messages to. He replied by asking, "Who dis?" Dad responded, "Your father". Son asked when he changed is phone number. He didn't.

He is really out there more than I have ever known him to. Maybe because he is closer to home this time and I am hearing more from people who know him. He robbed one of my daughter's friends this week. He grabbed her purse and ran away with it. I don't know if he knew she was a friend of his sister's or not. I told her to file a police report. I don't think she will.

He sent a text to me earlier in the week asking to "borrow" $60 so that he could take a lady friend on a date. He said he would be getting money through Western Union the next day. I told him that I didn't have $60 because I gave money to his son's mom so that she could get him to the doctor on Monday. Which was the truth. I suggested he wait until he got his money to take his friend out. I didn't question why he was getting money through Western Union because I really didn't care.

Why always $60? If I hadn't checked his cell phone a while back I wouldn't know that $60 will buy a morphine tablet. That is always the amount he stole from our bank account when he would take my debit card without permission. I know there is no logic to what addicts to but it seems like he might learn to ask for different amounts, not that I would give it to him.

On that same day he sent a text to his sister asking for a favor. She called me to ask what was going on with the son at that time. She has learned that there are times that she should just stay away from him. Very sad. They were close when they were kids. He is still very protective of her. I suggested that she not contact him.

Yesterday a woman that he has stayed with in the past sent his ex-wife an email that said that he is out of control, running with a meth-head woman. They shot up in her bathroom and left blood everywhere, ate her food and the woman stole some stuff from her closet. She later caught my son trying to break into her house. She told his ex-wife that he shouldn't be seeing his son. My ex-daughter-in-law sent the email to me.

I assured her that I will not let my son see the grandson if he is using. I told her that I know what is going on and that is why it has been almost two months since I have tried to arrange a visit for them. She trusts me to keep my grandson safe.

I am thankful that I had a nice weekend with him last weekend. I just pray that he will make it through this go around so that we can have more nice weekends in the future.

4 comments:

  1. so so painful....you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so damn maddening. Hang in there Terri, we are all in this with you and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terri, I am so sorry. Ron is right....you are not alone in this. We are all with you in spirit, and many of us have traveled very similar paths. I know that feeling of knowing there is not one thing you can do to change any of it and how deeply sad that feeling is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddening for sure, Terri. I don't know what to say anymore, other than you and your son are always in my prayers. I wish he'd get caught and spend some time in jail to sober up. Hopefully, sooner or later...

    ReplyDelete