Friday, November 22, 2013

Another scared mom

I've mentioned a friend of my daughter's who is an opiate addict iin this blog before. It hurts my daughter to see her friend go down the same path as her brother. They have been buds since junior high school and it especially hurts now because the friend is pregnant. My daughter can't wrap her brain around the fact the the friend is pregnant and still using.  Truly, I can't either but I know it happens all the time. It hurts me to know what she does to that poor baby every time she uses.

The mother of this young woman called me last night because she couldn't reach her daughter and the daughter had told her she was staying with my daughter. I hated to tell her that my daughter had actually been at my house for the past two nights and that I hadn't seen her daughter. The daughter had been gone for two days with no word. Her mother thinks that the pregnancy is keeping her daughter sober. My daughter saw her friend at the mall a week ago and she was so high my daughter was embarrassed to be near her so she excused herself and left.

In my state if a baby is born with drugs in it's system the state gets involved. I told this mom that information and told her to try and make her daughter understand that if she continues to use she runs the risk of having her child removed from her at birth. This mom is a nurse and seems to have no understanding of the danger her daughter could be putting her unborn baby in and the nature of the withdrawals that the baby could have when it is born. I am flabbergasted!

I told the mom that there are a few rehabs in our state that will admit a pregnant addict and allow them to stay after the baby is born with the baby. I am checking on those for her today.

Please keep this family and this unborn baby in your prayers and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment