Friday, June 28, 2013

Should I or shouldn't I?

I have been having an internal debate for the past week. My parents are coming into town because my dad is having a procedure done at a local hospital. They live in a small community 3 hours away from me.

My parents want to see their grandkids and greatgrandkids while they are here on Sunday afternoon. I have invited my older son and his wife to bring my granddaughter over, I have permission from my grandson's mom to come pick him up Sunday morning and my daughter has the day off and plans to come spend the afternoon.

The deliema I have been having is, do I tell my middle son that his grandparents are coming and that his son will be at my house on Sunday? This will likely mean that I would have to drive 30 minutes to pick him up, hope that he is sober then drive 30 minutes back home. While he is there I will feel like I have to watch over him the whole time to make sure he doesn't get high at my house. Then I will have to drive him back to where he is staying after the visit.

I'm not sure that I am up for all of that. On the other hand, the procedure my dad is having involves his heart and he doesn't always spring back well from those types of procedures. My son and dad were really close at one point. Do I deprive them both of the opportunity to visit because I don't want to put out the effort to make it happen?

I could tell my son that everyone will be at the house and if he can find a ride to and from our home, can be sober and civil while he is there that he is welcome to come over for a few hours.

I guess the good thing is that I don't have to decide right now.

Happy Friday everyone!

UPDATE: The decision has been made very obvious. I just heard from the woman he was staying with and he is back on the street. I'm not even sure how I would get in touch with him if I needed to. She said that she saw him yesterday and he was obviously high as were the other guys he was with. I just pray that he is able to stay safe.





5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad. Life proceeds and they miss so much due to their illness. But it is their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to your father on a successful outcome and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. Praying he will reach a turn around moment soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put him into God's hands. You try to enjoy your day with all of your beautiful family around you. Trust that for today God has a hold of your boy.

    ReplyDelete