Thursday, June 20, 2013

Life Marches On

First of all let me tell you that my husband and I a great date a few weekends ago. As much as we have gone through with our addicted son and just day to day life it is amazing that we have managed to get this far in our marriage. We are committed at this point to working things out because we want to fulfill all the dreams we had as a young couple.

Father's day was bittersweet. My gift to my husband was to give him a day that he didn't have to answer to anyone and just do what he wanted to do. We had my older son, his wife and our new granddaughter to the house to swim and play with the grandson on Saturday. We grilled burgers and played outside all afternoon. It was a good day.

On Sunday, I took the grandson to visit his daddy and took them both to the zoo. We were had a great time. I had fun watching my son enjoy his son. The plan was to let them hang out then I would take my son and then my grandson home early afternoon and spend the rest of the day with my husband.

My father-in-law called my husband and wanted to come to the house so that he could see all the kids and grand kids. They really never had much of a relationship and even now it is strained. Instead of telling his dad that he already had plans for the day he told him to come on over. This meant we had to rally the kids.

It turned into a pretty stressful afternoon. My son thought it would be okay for him to spend the night since it was later in the afternoon before everyone left. He was hurt when we told him that he couldn't and that I would be driving him back to the place he is staying.

On Saturday, I got a letter in the mail saying that my recent mammogram had some irregularities and that I need to schedule a re-check. I was just a little freaked by this. I have a close co-worker who battled breast cancer a couple of years ago and another co-worker who had a double mastectomy about a year ago. Both of them a bit younger than me. I have no family history, have had children and breast fed nor have I ever been a smoker. I knew the odds were in my favor. Still, none of us want to get that letter in the mail.

The good news is that I found out today after a 3 hour visit for a re-check that there is nothing to be concerned about. I don't know that I could have carried that stress with me too, so thank you God!

I have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for the good news on the mammogram. I have had the same scare once too and it is nerve wrecking. I am glad you are working things out with your husband. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the mammogram! Happy you are taking care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete