Friday, June 7, 2013

His Day

My son called (yes, actually called) yesterday to see what my plans were for having his son at my house for Father's Day next week. I told him that my plans were to have him at my house Friday and Saturday nights and take him to his mom on Sunday because they are going to a birthday party later that day.

He reminded me that Father's Day was his day and that it is "not okay" that they have planned to go to a birthday party. It irritates me a little that this is the one thing he claims out of the whole divorce decree. It also says that he is supposed to visit every first weekend of the month and that he is supposed to pay child support every week. Those two things sort of get muddied in his brain.

It also irritates me that he would deprive his son of a birthday party after not making efforts to see him or talk to him for a couple of weeks now. I told him he would have to make arrangements with my grandson's mom and that it wasn't my place to say anything to her about it.

The divorce decree says that he is to visit with his son at my house under my supervision (or my husband's if here were there). It doesn't say that I have to provide meals, a place to sleep or transportation. He doesn't seem to understand that.

Oh well, I am just venting a little. I know he is an addict and this is just the way his mind works. It is all about him.

I will continue with my plans for that weekend. If he can work something out with his ex-wife then I will supervise a visit for the specified amount of time. If not, no skin of my nose.

Have a good weekend. My husband and I have a date Saturday night. I am actually worried about what to wear! Maybe we will get our spark back after all.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your date with your husband :0). I have a feeling you two will get your spark back :0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, how was your date? Lovely, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete