Monday, December 31, 2012

Sticky Stuff

My son is working hard at getting kicked out of my mom and dad's house in fact he may already be gone by now. He started blowing my phone up before daylight today but I still decide when to answer and when not to and I haven't talked directly to him. I had several texts saying that he couldn't live there anymore.

 I was a bit skeptical about him moving in there from the start. Minus a drug addiction, my dad and son are cut from the same cloth. Both hot tempered and moody. My dad is the answer guy,  you know the one, the one that can answer all of your questions and some of the ones he thinks you might ask at some other point and to top that off, he knows nothing about the biology of addiction and refuses to accept it as anything but bad moral character. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. But then, no one asked me.

My intuition is telling me that my son has something cooked up already. He talked to several different woman on the phone and Facebook while he was at my house over the holiday. This is what he does when he doesn't want to face reality. He tries to take the easiest perceived route out. He has a court date on January 15th and another on January 22nd. We have tried to encourage to get through these dates and see what happens because that is just part of owning the consequences for behavior.

If my dad makes him leave or if my son uses an argument to take off then my son will once again think he has someone to blame for his situation. If he leaves he won't be welomed back. He will once again be homeless and jobless.

He is 24 years old....this is not my problem. I should just stay out of it. I didn't cause it and I can't change any part of it.

I am just praying that I have developed the stick to it to stick to it.







2 comments:

  1. Terri, Happy New Year! Yes you have the tools to stay strong. It really is the only thing to do here. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Terri. Allow your son to live his life but most importantly do not forget to live your life too in 2013.

    ReplyDelete