Friday, January 4, 2013

Feeling Resentful Today

In a few hours I will load my grandson up and head to my parents home 3 hours away. This is the weekend that my son has visitation and we are going to exchange Christmas gifts with my parents. The rest of my family did Christmas on Christmas day so there won't be a big "to do".

Although he isn't currently using, my son has been in full addict personality mode lately and I really don't want to be around him. If it weren't for the fact that I promised my parents I would come and bring the baby I wouldn't go at all. I have bent over backwards trying to make sure that my son has access to his son. I haven't really minded that much because he at least gave the appearance of trying to do the right things. When he is being selfish I want nothing to do with him.

I am really thinking that this will be the last visit for awhile. If he wants to see his son he can find a way to come to us which is where the court order says the visits are supposed to take place anyway.

I am trying hard to get past this and just do what I need to do to honor my commitment to my parents. I'll focus on the fact that I get some "granny time" with my grandson. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Remember what you are doing is for your parents, grandson and for yourself.

    ReplyDelete