Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gotta love my dad!

My son had his second court hearing on Tuesday of this week. A $25 ticket for failure to wear a seat belt turned into a $100 fine after adding the failure to appear and the charge for issuing the warrant. He had to set up a payment plan for the $100. I think he maybe had hopes that I would pay it. That didn't happen.

There were some shenanigans while he was here for those 7 days. I'll post about those later.

My mom called this morning and told me that when she got out of bed this morning my son was gone from the house already. When she asked my dad where he was my dad told her that he had taken my son about 10 miles from the house and had given him a plastic trash bag, some water and some crackers and Vienna sausages and told him he needed to pick up cans so that they could be sold to cover the fine. My mom asked why he did that and my dad responded, "He has fines to pay and he needs to do something about it."

I told my son before he went back that he didn't have to like the way my dad handles things but if he is going to live in his house he will just have to deal with it.

I can just imagine the look on my son's face....I can't help it, just the thought makes me giggle a little.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe your dad should open his own behavior modification program. There is a lot of money in programs like that! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I don't think anyone that didn't already love my dad could appreciate the humor of it all. My dad left a caveat for my mom, if it started raining she could go pick him up. I am so surprised my son didn't try to call me.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes dad's have a wisdom that most of us fail to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love your dad! Nothing wrong with that! Good thing he is not in NE Tennessee! Too cold for any kind of outdoor activity! More power to your dad!

    ReplyDelete