Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Inquiring minds want to know!

The son managed to get to my house late Monday night or early Tuesday morning. He didn't make any noise to wake me up so I assume he was not messed up. He is never quiet when he is drunk or high. He got up Tuesday morning showered and shaved and was ready to leave the house by 7:15. We had to be at the courthouse by 8 a.m. He wore clothes that my mom bought him for Christmas and looked really nice.

None of the family members of the folks there for court were allowed in the courtroom. They do the hearings "cattle call" style. Everyone shows up at the same time, gets in line and wait to be taken to the courtroom. They had too many people there that had hearings and the courtroom was too small. So, all I know of what happened in the courtroom came from my son. We all know how reliable that information might be. He said that he plead guilty to the failure to appear charge. That charge carried a 30 day stay in the county jail. The judge dismissed that penalty. He plead not guilty to the paraphernalia charge and was given a new court date for a hearing. That one is not until May 8th. He said that he didn't have an attorney appointed which doesn't ring true to me. Anyway, he told me that he didn't have the paraphernalia on his person, it was in the truck that he was riding in. This is the first time I heard that but maybe he didn't really know for sure until he saw the police report. Like I said, I am just going on what he told me.

I had made arrangements for his son to come and spend the night at my house last night so that he could have some time with his dad. Guess what? Early in the evening a "friend" of his from Dallas, the city he ran away to when he got in this legal trouble to begin with, showed up. He left with her and took all of his clothes that he brought with him, including his new "court" clothes.  This just shows how f'd up his priorities are. I can't imagine leaving when your 2 year old precious baby boy is there to spend the night with you and  you don't have constant contact with him. When he left my grandson cried for a minute then I offered him candy (I am the grandparent, that is what we do) and he was okay.

Oh well, it is my son's lose. I had a great time with my grandson and there is nothing more precious than having him wake up in the morning at my house and realizing he is there and says, "I at Granny's house! I hold you Granny!" Well, it sounds more like "Gawanny" but that doesn't matter. :-)

His next hearing is next Tuesday for driving without a seat belt and failure to appear for that one. I'm not sure what he is up to but I have had a feeling for awhile that he has something planned. Nothing he does surprises me anymore. If he headed back to Dallas with this friend I would not be shocked. If he does that I will not have anything to do with him. He will not be welcome to live with my parents after all that they have done for him and I will not be helping him to see his son again.

I would like to feel positive that he will do the right thing but we don't have that kind of history together. I'll just live my life today and see what happens tomorrow. That is all any of us can do.

Happy Wednesday to us all!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing isn't it that they can turn their backs on the people who love them but God forbid we do that to them!
    I hope he surprises you this time my friend.
    Take care of your family and that cutie grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your son lots of luck. And if he doesn't show his lost for sure. Your a great mom.

    ReplyDelete