Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting a life!

I have spent most the past 8 years fighting a battle that isn't even mine to fight. Most of you all that read this blog know what I am talking about. My child's addiction and all that comes with it. I haven't taken the time that I need for myself. I have tried for short periods of time to put me first only to have the crisis of the day interrupt my momentum.

This weekend wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I enjoyed my grandson and visiting with my parents and siblings steering clear of my son who gave me the stink eye every time we made eye contact. When I got ready to leave he asked me if I was "upset" with him for some reason. I told him that he was acting rather "horsey" and that I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act around him.

Anyway, after a lot of thought and some encouragement from Ron and Helga, I have decided that I need to get my life back and try to get healthy. Healthy both physically and mentally. I shouldn't carry around so much anxiety and resentment. Oh, and not the extra pounds that I have put on in the past two years either.

Tonight I start an exercise class! I have wanted to for some time but always felt like I needed to get right home after work. Why? I don't have  little kids at home and most of the time it is just my husband and me. This is something just for me.

It is a small step but I think that it is one that will help me in lots of ways.

Let's see if I am so positive tomorrow morning when all my muscles hurt! :-)

3 comments: