Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lost

Lost is how a mother described her son in a Facebook post this morning. This young man just graduated from college last May. He is an amazing artist and musician who has tons of people who love and admire him. He is also an opiate addict.

He and my son were friends. They enjoyed a lot of the same past times, music, art, skateboarding, chasing girls and getting high. This young man graduated high school on time and just graduated from college last May with a degree in art.

I saw this young man about a month ago with a beautiful young woman that I assumed was his girlfriend. He looked healthy and had that "light" in his eyes that addicts who are using don't have. You could see that he was seeing the world at that moment through open, sober eyes.

I am sad to hear that he is "lost" again. I hurt for his parents who must be worried out of their minds about him.

I hope that they all can find peace.

3 comments:

  1. Lost pretty much sums it up doesn't it? I am so sorry too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ...I'm sorry, so sorry. That sums up what I lack the words to express. : (

    ReplyDelete