Monday, December 17, 2012

Frustration and other emotions

My son worked for a week helping a guy hang sheet rock. He showed up at the work site this morning and no one was there. When he called the guy he was told that he really didn't have enough work this week and that he would call him when/if he had more work.

My dad and mom were driving him to and from work because my son's license is suspended pending two court dates next month. My dad is telling my son he is unemployable and the only job he could get is a "boy's" job flipping burgers and that would not even be worth his time. This may be true but give the guy some credit, he is trying to do better and has managed to stay sober for longer than he ever has outside of rehab.

I think under the circumstances he is dealing with his emotions pretty well. This is probably the first time in years that he has actually fully felt these emotions and not gotten high. I am trying to see the positive in this situation.

I told him that it would be wonderful if all the stuff that happened when he was getting high would just go away now that he is not but this is not how life works. He will just have to deal with things as best as he can each day. That is all any of us can do.

Deep breath, deep breath.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment