Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This is what my baby sister said.....

My son contacted his aunt, my sister, about picking him up tomorrow. She chewed him a "new one" as they say. She is really calm and quiet, the last person anyone would expect to use foul language or raise her voice. I practically raised her so she is protective of me.

She told my son how much hell he has put me through and how he needed to grow up, how disrespectful of her and her family he has been. He was willing to come to her house wasted and expose her kids to that. More importantly, she told him that she loves him and will always love him and that he is part of her family and nothing will change that. However, she will distance herself and her children from him when he is in active addiction.

She surprised herself but I think she was proud of how she handled it. She did great. She agreed to pick him up tomorrow and get him to my uncle. She has a plan in place....no money, she will buy his lunch. If he screws up his is will never get anything from her again.

I feel guilty that the poison has touched someone else in my family.

I love my sister!

1 comment:

  1. Through all this heart ache you may have just saved you're son and got him closer to beginning recovery. However, even if that is not what happens just yet, you have set boundaries which protects yourself. God also sent me the best sister ever. Hoping your heart finds peace soon. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete