Tuesday, August 21, 2012

And the question is>>>>

"Can I please, please just come to your house for a few days?" and the answer is......"No".

I couldn't answer my phone today because of work so Dad had to be the one this time to give the answer. My son was very accusatory toward my husband. When I got a chance I called my son back. He told me that he had talked to his dad. I told him that I knew this and asked what his plan was.

He is getting on a bus at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow and is headed to the nearest bus station to my uncle who offered him a job and a place to live. My sister is going to pick him up and let him spend the night at her house and take him to my uncle the next day.

We started talking about how much the bus ticket would cost and he was short about $40. I told him since he had a plan that I would pay the remainder. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not. He is trying to do something different so I feel like I want to help. I may kick my own ass later.

I thanked my sister and told her that I almost felt like I needed to come and get him and deal with it myself but that it wouldn't do either of us any good. She said that she wouldn't have let me come get him anyway. She is my baby sister so she was pretty brave to challenge me! LOL

So that is the plan. I pray that it works out for him. I will take my grandson to visit him at my uncle's house 2 hours away for a little while on Sunday.

Lord have mercy! Really....Lord Have Mercy!

3 comments:

  1. Terri,

    I admire you. Every addict should have a mother with your love and care for their son. It's hard but you have the heart of a good mother. It's easy to be mean and hard. It's hard to do what you have to do out of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Wish I was in your place in enabling recovery. I have the hardest time with that word "NO". Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one tough cookie. Lord have mercy, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete