Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can a whole can of LYSOL spray kill the addiction germ?

Yeah, I know it can't but I just had an OCD moment!

When my grandson comes to visit he sleeps in the room that his dad used to inhabit. While I was trying to get him to go to sleep the last time he was here I noticed a blood splatter on the ceiling and I promised myself that I would remove it before Little Man came to visit the next time. Well, that is tomorrow. Tonight I got the white paint and covered the stain. That wasn't good enough. Then I sorted his toys, took his winter clothes and put them away, removed the last few things that belonged to his dad, put all the bedding in the laundry, dusted everything even the ceiling fan. I cleaned the floors, wiped down the blinds and window sills. Then I used a whole can of disinfectant spray on the mattress, the blinds, toys the walls, ceiling fan, closets, and finally the ceiling.

By the end I was sitting on the edge of the bed sobbing my  eyes out. I am okay now but for a few minutes I wasn't sure.

Praying for all of us right now!

8 comments:

  1. If Lysol really could kill it, we could all by stock in it and be millionaires and retire - BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT!

    I can imagine myself doing exactly what you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We DESERVE combat pay. Where do we sign up?

      Delete
  2. Mom use to do that each time he moved out. Then when we let him back she'd do it again when we throw him out again.

    It always amazed me where all we would find soot stains.

    Clean it all out, it's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found soot stains on the mini blinds on the door that leads to the garage just yesterday. SIGH.....and he has been gone for a month.

      Delete
  3. I swear,...it took me all last summer to really do it all in my son's room. My hubby said I was doing an exorcism on the devil's den. I filled little holes in the walls,..repainted the entire wood work,..you name it. I really understand your tears. : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still have patching to do. He busted the door to the room and the sheetrock behind the door knob and he punched the closet door in a seperate tirade. It is a work in progress...Thanks for your comment. I am glad that I have a community of people who do understand.

    ReplyDelete