Thursday, March 1, 2012

All by myself......

That is a rare thing for me. There is usually always someone at my house. Not the house full that there used to be but at least a person or two. There is always a little dog here but they don't make a lot of rukus and they really don't demand a lot....mostly.

I enjoy a few hours alone occasionally. It gives me time to take care of some things around the house without folks under foot. It also gives me some time to think and reflect which is something POA's don't always get because we are usually in reaction mode.

My son says he is moving away. Almost a state and a half away. He supposedly has a friend who has a place and a job for him when he gets there. My son is my "friend" on Facebook and it looks like this is true. This friend of his supposedly (isn't funny how we even write with doubt?) is buying him a bus ticket to get there.

We haven't talked much since the last go around. I did tell him he would never live in my house again. The woman he left rehab called me a couple of times and told me he stole pills from her and left her stranded. I wished her the best, reminded her where she met him, and hung up the phone. I get so tired of taking care of the collateral damage.

Tonight I am in a good place with myself. It IS possible to find PEACE!!!!! I don't feel responsible for anything that is about to happen. I don't question my relationship with my son, my grandson's mom, or with my grandson. I feel solid and peace filled on all counts. It is what it is and I am who I am!!!

Praying for yours and for mine tonight. PEACE is possible!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I still have my moments of panic....but I used to have my moments of calm. Now calm is more my norm. Thank God we learn a new way to live.

    ReplyDelete