Sunday, March 18, 2012

Here I Am

I have spent a lot of time over the past several months mourning the little boy that I raised who grew up to be a drug addict. I still love both of them more than I can ever express to either of them. I also miss them both with all my heart! Not the addict so much but the man I know he could be.

My husband is having a really hard time right now. He was the hard ass through every thing that we have all been through in the past several years. He never gave himself permission to mourn the boy we will never have back. I'm not sure how to support him.

I am okay with where I am at. I take care of my business, try not to worry about the business of everyone else and fumble through each day the best I can.

I guess my husband's journey is his. I have to let him travel it. I'll hug him when he will let me and hand him a tissue when needed.

Addictions sucks for everyone!

On a fun note, my grandson was here this weekend and he "helped"with the flower beds. Here is a picture after only a few minutes and we are not even half way done. Love that little boy!

4 comments:

  1. Terri, My husband surprised me with tears as well. I've seen him cry only twice in 25 years of marriage...once when we were clued into our son's heroin addiction from a counselor, and the second time during our intervention when he read his very moving letter to my son. It hurts to see them emotional.

    On the other hand - that little boy is too precious!!!
    Always praying for our boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. I think it is especially hard for my husband because the grandson reminds him so much our our son at that age.

      I'm keeping all of our kiddos in my prayers.

      Delete
  2. That baby boy is some special miracle of joy I can imagine. He is beautiful!

    My husband and I used to take turns falling apart. Thank God it didn't happen to both of us at the same time. There was always one to encourage the other. It is such a difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, Thank you. This baby can make me smile no matter what.

      My husband and I still take turns falling apart. I am glad that I am on the up swing right now because he is really struggling.

      Delete