Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Morning Wake Up Call

My phone rang at 5 a.m. this morning....guess who?  "Mom, I'm in jail". Surprise!

He said that he was arrested because the girl he was with was driving drunk. He said he needed me to come and get him. I told him that I would not come and get him and he began to get very upset saying that he had tried to kill himself while he was there. I told him that it sounded like he needed to be a hospital more than he needed to be in my car headed to my house. He began to cry and plead and I just hung up and turned off my phone and went back to sleep.

Later I learned that he had called his older brother to come and get him. I have tried to protect my older son and daughter-in-law from most of the crap that we deal with. This is the first time he has be on the "front line" with his little brother. I don't think he will but himself out there again. My older son took his brother to his home and gave him a place to sleep. The thanks that my older son and his wife got was that my addicted son stole money and credit cards from my son's wife's purse. He was too out of  it and passed out holding the cards and money.

The plan my son had was to take his brother to work with him and then let him stay with them a couple of days with them. That didn't work out. My younger son was disrespectful to his brother and he asked him to get out of the car then he called the cops to let them know that he was making suicide threats.

My mother-in-law received a phone call too.

It was a very drama filled day but I missed out on most of it because I have been in bed sick all day. I am only hearing the report from other people. I refused to let myself get worked up. I saw this coming a mile away.

He now has an order to appear in court for the public drunkenness charge. Who wants to take bets on whether he shows or not?

What a week! Looking forward to the weekend. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better tomorrow too. Praying peace is found for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better too. When you do sounds like it is time for a family meeting. Not to air dirty laundry but to level set everyone where you are and that you hope they all can support you in your actions because young son needs everyone to "help" in a helpful way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Ron, I really thought we were all on the same page with this. I was so proud of my mother-in-law. She told him that she would come and get him and take him back to rehab but that he couldn't come to her house. I am going to call her tomorrow to tell her thank you. I know that was hard for her to do. Especially since he was telling her that he was going to jump from an overpass. What a day, what a day!

    Tomorrow is bound to be better....Right! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may not be better but each day we get another chance. Right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh...a big day. Everyone got to figure out how to take care of themselves the best they can. Bless g-ma's heart...lots of courage there. Oh Terri... I am sorry. It all just sounds draining. Take good care and hope you feel better soon. I like what Ron said...each day we get another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...big drama day for sure. I hope you feel better by tomorrow, Terri. I'm glad you turned off your phone and let him figure out something else. Maybe its good that his brother has a better idea of the reality of the situation. We can never give up hope, but it sure gets tiring hanging on to it.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete